New Patients – Get Ready to Smile
Great Plains Dental is accepting new patients. To schedule an appointment you can call 605-339-2955 or email us here. When you choose Great Plains Dental as your dentist you’re choosing the finest care and friendly, knowledgeable staff that always has a smile to share with you.
Online Patient Forms
To speed up your dental visit, we have provided our Patient Forms online for you to complete before you even enter our dental office.
Your First Dental Visit
You can expect to be welcomed to our dental office by our team of friendly and professional staff. During your first visit, our staff to learn more about you and your general health as it relates to oral health. We want to know what your concerns are including cosmetic concerns, joint pain, etc. We conduct a thorough examination includes the following:
- Discussion your health and dental concerns
- X-Rays / Radiographs (if needed)
- TMJ exam (Temporormandibular joint)
- Oral cancer screening
- Evaluation of the oral soft tissues
- Tooth by tooth examination
- Dental cleaning by one of our hygienists
- Advice on any problem area(s) and how best to encourage good dental health at home
- If you choose us to be your primary dental provider, we also provide free teeth whitening. Sheer White strips are the most significant advancement in teeth whitening in nearly a decade! They are fast and effective and contain carbamide peroxide gel that remains active for as long as 6 hours for longer wear and faster whitening.
At the end of your first appointment, one of our treatment coordinators will meet briefly with you to discuss any recommended follow-up visits, check appointment availability, go over the estimated cost of treatment, discuss your insurance coverage/benefits, and answer any remaining questions you may have.
Great Plains Dental strives to provide the very best dental care to our new patients. All of our treatment areas have intraoral cameras so we can show our patients what we see and why we may be concerned about a specific area.
Your Child’s First Visit
Going to the dentist for the first time for your child should be an exciting time. We work to ensure your child feels as comfortable as possible during their first visit. We have televisions in our treatment rooms and have appropriate programming on to help them stay relaxed and entertained during their visit.
Your child can expect the highest quality of care and a similar examination that a first time adult would receive. In addition, we look at growth and development stages and concerns for their age. At the end of the visit, we thank them with a prize and/or balloon for their cooperation!